May 15, 2009

Busy Day

Thursday was a busy day for Enza & Mommy. In the morning we went to the Indpendence La Leche meeting. I picked up a great book there called Whole Foods for Babies and Toddlers. I started reading it right away, and so far so good. It started out with a little insight in to commercial baby food. The corporations who dominate the industry and whether or not they have the consumers best interest in mind. I'm really looking forward to the guidance. I know that following modern culture isn't necessarily the best choice for my baby. So I love to read about the benefits of making my own baby food, and the real reasons why it's better. I mean, basic fundamental values like nutrition and fillers in commerical baby food. It's really sad that our world is so focused on convenience that we choose to overlook contents. We aren't educated on simple vitamins and nutrients, what they're for and where we can get them naturally. Of course I myself am more inspired in all of this since I have Enza's interest to look out for besides just my own.
That night was the Holistic Mom's open house! It's is always nice to be around other women who do the things we do, who question todays cultural norm. Although I must say that some make me feel pretty 'mainstream'. My friend Jenni came along with me to the meeting. It's nice to introduce some of our friends to how we've decided to do things :)

0 comments: